Surgeons SturgeonProduct Details
The Surgeons Sturgeon is a mechanical barrier/guard designed to minimize the risk of needle perforation injury to the abdominal organs/bowel during post surgery wound closure.
Made from durable, surgical grade silicone, the Surgeons Sturgeon is reusable and will withstand repeated sterilization by autoclave.
The product is available in two sizes: Small - 300 x 130 x 1.5mm and Large: 350 x 156 x 2mm
- Creates a physical barrier between the peritoneum and the viscera to minimize the risk of bowel perforation during suturing.
- Flexible material allows it to be removed when the incision has almost completely been sutured close.
- Radiopaque- Increased visibility makes the Surgeons Sturgeon easier to work with.
- Reusable- The Surgeons Sturgeon can withstand multiple vigorous autoclave sterilizations.
- Flexible- Allows for easy removal of the Surgeons Sturgeon through a small incision.
- Convenient- Tail feature allows the Surgeons Sturgeon to be easily removed before final closure.